The Awareness Podcast, Ep.# 87: Living in Not-Knowing with Jenny Beal and Heena Vasani: Life is Our TeacherOct 12, 2023
In this episode, Jenny's guest, Heena Vasani describes how her mother abandoned her at a very young age, and Jenny and Heena discuss how the trauma from that experience led to inner work over many years to find resolution and healing.
Heena describes how her spiritual journey started in her early 20’s with a profound glimpse of her true nature that occurred when she was about to undergo a kidney transplant.
Jenny and Heena also discuss:
- The importance of fully facing the feelings that are a residue of trauma.
- How the fact that we don’t choose our thoughts means that we don’t choose our conditioning, and our parents didn’t choose their conditioning either. That understanding removes a huge amount of anger and blame.
- How motherhood provided Heena with the lessons she needed for her non-dual understanding to become fully integrated with her everyday life. Children are very good at pushing our buttons and they instantly detect any lack of authenticity.
- The uncertainty of life.
- The freedom that comes with living in not-knowing.
- The joy of continuing to learn and discover.
If you are interested in exploring spiritual awakening, we invite you to register for our free 7 Days to Awakening self study course, created by Lisa Natoli and Bill Free.
About Heena Vasani:
In her early 20's Heena faced a serious health problem and was put on a waiting list for a kidney transplant. This life-altering experience led her to question the meaning of life, birth, and death. On the day of her transplant, she had a profound glimpse of her true nature, which caused her to reflect on the responsibility attached to receiving a donated organ.
She embarked on a spiritual journey spanning over 25 years, exploring consciousness through non-dual paths like A Course in Miracles and Advaita Vedanta. Meditation, body-mind disciplines, and in-depth psychology have helped to integrate these teachings into her life. Her core teachers include Chloe Goodchild, Rupert Spira and AH Almaas.
Her late grandmother, a devout Hindu, also played a significant role in shaping her path by inviting her to explore motherhood as a spiritual practice. This brought her face-to-face with her own conditioning and childhood trauma, leading to transformation and a deeper connection with her true self and the oneness of life.
Remarkably, after 25 years, her transplanted kidney remains healthy, which caught the attention of her consultant, leading to the suggestion that she share her story and meditation techniques with others.
Heena is now training with Dr. Gabor Maté and teaching non-dual meditation and self-inquiry practices online. Her book, "Fragrance of Freedom, Discovering Peace through Mothering", is due to be released in late October.