Celebrate your “breakdowns”! Embrace the challenges and rejoice!
Hello Beloveds, it is Kimberly here. I want to change the way we look at the “breakdowns” in our lives.
You will notice that there are quotation marks around the word “breakdown” because there is actually no such thing. Only from the perspective of a separate self is there ever a “breakdown”.
From Love’s perspective, regardless of the circumstance, there is only ever Love.
A “breakdown” is an interpretation, a fictional story, made up by an unreal, illusory separate self, and is therefore not a fact. Believing our ego mind’s interpretation of anything is the root of all “breakdowns”. Asking for guidance from Holy Spirit and Jesus is the only way out. Thank goodness we do not and cannot do this alone.
“Put yourself NOT in charge of this, for you can NOT distinguish between advance and retreat. Some of your greatest advances YOU have judged as failures, and some of your deepest retreats YOU have evaluated as success.” (CE, page 587, The Ladder to Heaven, paragraph 2)
We don’t know what anything is for, and therefore, we have no idea what is supposed to happen. When we believe we know what is supposed to happen, we are standing in the ego-fog, wondering why the fun has suddenly gone out of everything.
Let’s take a closer look at “breakdowns”.
Anatomy of a “Breakdown”
“Breakdowns” consist of one or more of the following thoughts:
1) Something’s wrong, this shouldn’t be happening.
2) I am a victim, someone or something is to blame.
3) I am alone, love is absent.
During a “breakdown” we are focused on the thoughts, feelings, sensations and perceptions of a limited and finite self that is upset. Our knowing and experiencing of our essential nature of Happiness and Love appears to be obscured.
The only way to truly get out of a “breakdown” is to walk straight through it. Asking for guidance, forgiving ourselves and releasing the story to Spirit is the way through.
And if we don’t go through it, we get to have another “breakdown”.
“Trials are but lessons which you failed to learn presented once again, so where you made a faulty choice before you now can make a better one, and thus escape all pain which what you chose before has brought to you. In every difficulty, all distress, and each perplexity you face, Christ calls to you, and gently says, “My brother, choose again.” He would not leave one source of pain unhealed, nor any image left to veil the truth. He would remove all misery from you whom God created alters unto joy. He would not leave you comfortless, alone in dreams of hell, but would release your minds from everything that hides His Face from you.” (CE page 923, Choose Once Again, paragraph 3)
Celebrate Your “Breakdowns”
A Practice for Celebrating “Breakdowns”:
- Review the paragraph called Anatomy of a “breakdown”.
- Identify an area of “breakdown” in your life.
- Get paper and pen and write down everything your mind believes is wrong about that situation, describe all the ways that you are being victimized, and describe how disconnected and alone you are feeling in that situation. Pour all of your thoughts and feelings out onto the page, really let the ego mind tell the whole story. Don’t hold back!
- Take the story the ego wrote, and invite Jesus and Holy Spirit to listen while you read them your ego story. Don’t hold any of the details back, tell them everything. Even the shameful, spiteful, mean, nasty, conniving, vicious stuff.
- Let Jesus and Holy Spirit hear all of it. Then sit quietly and listen for Guidance. Be patient. Stay still. If more “story” arises, keep giving it to Jesus and Holy Spirit. Return to quiet. Be patient. Stay still. Continue returning to Spirit until you receive a healing and know you are free. You will feel it, you will know it. Maybe you will hear champagne corks popping as Spirit celebrates your “breakdown” with you!
This practice is similar to Byron Katie’s The Work, Four Questions and the Turnarounds.
If you know “The Work”, you can use that method in this exercise. Please read the answers and turnarounds aloud to Jesus and Holy Spirit, and then sit quietly and listen for Guidance.
Here is a link to Byron Katie’s The Work and the downloadable Judge-Your-Neighbor Worksheet http://thework.com/en/do-work
Jesus and Holy Spirit will not leave one source of pain unhealed nor any image left to veil the truth, but only if we give them our story. (CE page 923, Choose Once Again, paragraph 3, sentence 3)
We rejoice as we turn ourselves over to the Love of God, and surrender the story to Truth. When we get a lesson that we failed to learn before and now we make a better choice, we have a breakthrough. We escape all the pain that what we chose before brought us. We are free.
Love the “breakdown”. Embrace the challenge and rejoice! With Jesus and Holy Spirit by our side, we have the ability to choose again and what was dreadful becomes joyful. Celebrate!
Amen and Hallelujah!! WOOT! WOOT!
If you want to spend more time celebrating and less time suffering, I recommend the free 40 Day Program of Transformation.
The 40 Day Program teaches you how to shift your thinking to Love and then keep it there for 40 days. It is amazing how quickly Miracles occur when we think consistently with God!
I’d love to hear from you…
Question: Are you ready to start celebrating your ‘breakdowns?’ You can leave a comment by clicking here.
Do you know someone who could benefit from reading this post? Click here to share this with your friends on Facebook.
Peace, love and blessings,
Kimberly Cartwright, Teachers of God Foundation